The educational system of America can prepare you academically for a vocation, but it is not designed to prepare you spiritually for your God given destiny. The majority of Christian young people are leaving home only to also leave their faith, unprepared to face the onslaught of secularism and immorality that is prevalent in our culture. Through daily Bible reading, journaling and prayer, Biblically based whole-life instruction, “hands-on” involvement in the many ministries and outreaches of Westside Church, Westside's Internship is designed to prepare you to stand strong in your faith and affect the world around you.
Our standards are high, our vision is clear, and the pace is fast. As an Intern, you will be given the opportunity to learn from some of the most innovative thinkers and creators in ministry, participate in the day to day activities of church staff culture, stretch yourself as a leader, and lay a firm foundation for a life-long pursuit of the passion and vision that God has placed on your life. Best of all, you will encounter your Savior and Friend, Jesus Christ, in a whole new dimension.
Description and Details
Intern positions involve 8-10 hours per week in office and/or in-service responsibilities, presenting the opportunity for interns to learn job skills, gain ministry expertise and to build a solid resume and strong references for future vocational and ministerial endeavors. Intern opportunities will be available for the Fall 2013 semester(September – December) and the Spring 2014 semester (February – May).
- A list of available internship positions for the fall 2013 semester will be posted by June 30, 2013. Spring semesterpositions (February – May) will be posted by December 31.
- Interested young adults will have the opportunity to apply directly to the pastor seeking an intern. Positions will be very limited, will be filled at the discretion of each department and will require a 4-month commitment (rather than the previous 9-months).
- Interns may choose to add accredited distance learning through New Hope College to their program but the planning, payment and completion of the classes will be entirely the responsibility of each student. Westside pastoral staff will not do any teaching or monitoring of course progress. These classes are optional.
- No formally structured classes or chapel will be offered for interns by Westside Church with the exception of monthly staff chapel and staff lunch.
- Intern hours and responsibilities will be determined by the intern leaders and agreed upon in writing at the beginning of the intern semester.
- There will be no cost for this program. Our desire is to provide an in-the-trenches learning opportunity for qualified students, which will also benefit the mission of Westside’s ministry departments.
- No host homes will be provided.
For an application, please contact 541-382-7504 or email email@example.com.